I started Luke's vest again. Sigh. It's my favorite boy's vest pattern, Billie, from the Rowan book. And I'm using red Cascade 220. I started it for the first time on the trip back from Vancouver on December 26. Bad idea to start something in the car. I picked it up again yesterday to work on during the noon group at work. I'd cast on, joined, and knit two rows. After knitting and chatting for about half an hour in the group, I realized that I was off on the ribbing and needed to unknit about 1 1/2 rows. Didn't say anything to the others; didn't want to disillusion them. I unknit on the bus home, and again today during the Green Bay/Seattle football game. Then I knit 4 rounds. And discovered that I'd twisted the work when I joined it. Poor little boy, he would have had a Mobius sweater. Not good. I cast on again, but wasn't thinking that since I was knitting the round I need to cast on for both front and back. Knit two rounds and took it off the needles and started over. Now, I've knit five rounds and it's looking ok. Thank goodness!!! Went to Full Circle in Ballard to get size a 6 16 inch circular needle. The brand is KA, manufactured by Kinki Ambari in Japan. Hope I like them!
I'm using yarn left over from Quinn's vest. His took a little more than 2 balls of yarn, so I have one entire ball left along with the rest of the third ball from Quinn's.
Yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash by Cascade Yarns
Color #893 Lot #9683
220 yards
Size 2-3, chest size 22, US 5 and US 6 needles
pattern gauge is 22 sts and 30 rows to 10 cm over stockinette on size 6 needles
yarn gauge is 5 stitches to 1 inch on size 7 needles or 4 1/2 stitches to 1 inch on size 8 needles
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment